Run For Your Life Survival 5k
Part of Packer Days, Lake City, CO
Policies, Procedures, and Liability Waiver
- Participants must be 13 years old by the day of the race unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minors of any age must submit a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian to participate.
- Teams must include between 3 and 5 eligible individuals. Entire teams must start, finish and remain together at all times during the race. A team must finish with all four required survival tokens from the check points.
- The official finish time will be recorded when the last individual of a team crosses the line.
- Officials at each check point have the final decision on whether a team may proceed. Tasks must reach satisfactory“survival” standards according to the established criteria, which officials have the final say in. Participants who becomeargumentative will be immediately disqualified and removed from the premises.
- Participants may only use materials provided during the race or materials found in a completely natural setting (i.e.sticks, leaves, etc.) to complete tasks. This is not to be confused with any materials that may be found along the route (i.e. man-made objects). Teams using prohibited materials will be disqualified.
I know that running any race is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my signature, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the race and agree to abide by them. I assume all risks associated with running in this event and completing the required tasks, including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including snow, ice and/or water, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and personal music players are not allowed in the race and I will abide by all race rules. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and inconsideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the “Run For Your Life” Survival 5k, the town of Lake City, Hinsdale County, The Bureau of Land Management and the Lake City/Hinsdale County Chamber of Commerce, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.